Macawber Beekay is a people oriented organization. We see ourselves as a part of this society, adding value and wealth for its betterment. As we are made by the people we have a keen motivation to work towards the welfare and betterment of the society and its people. Thus, Corporate Social Responsibility is an active area of interest for the company.
The company's Chairman & M.D. Mr. Ajay Kumar Gupta is the founder donor of Bhilai Institute of Technology (BIT). BIT Durg was founded in 1986 in loving memory of his father Late Seth Balkrishan Gupta, the founder of well known BSBK group. A great industrialist, he was a social activist himself. It is the first self-financed Engineering College in erstwhile Madhya Pradesh State. BIT is now a pioneering institution for technical education and research in the region and the country. The Institute is managed by BIT Trust (a non-profit trust) and his brother Mr. Kuldip Kumar Gupta is the Managing Trustee.
Following are regular CSR activities the company indulges in from time to time:
Periodic Health Checkups for Group Employees
- Health Check up camps are organized frequently for welfare of its employees and their dependents, through tie ups with leading hospitals.
Donations and Sponsorships
- Donations and sponsorships for underprivileged students within and outside the company.
- Corpus donations towards Ekatra Society for Art & Culture and Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra.
BKSD Charitable Trust and Social Welfare Activities
- This trust was founded by Mr. Ajay Kumar Gupta in the year 1990 to help and support health and education of students who are financially not stable. The trust has been actively helping such people in need since its inception.
- The trust sponsors education of one child every year, through Deepalaya, Janakpuri, a voluntary organisation educating underprivileged children.
- The trust also provides annual scholarship to two female students of Spring Summerfield School, New Delhi every year since 2005.
- The trust also provides aid to atleast one needy student every year to complete his engineering studies at Noida International University, Greater Noida.
CSR Towards Art
- The company has a strong inclination towards art and culture. And we believe in promoting contemporary Indian Art and culture in national interest. We also want to bring to the lime light and provide exposure to talented and upcoming artists & art students. We have conducted various fests and exhibitions over the years to promote art and culture in the country. Some of the events organised are -
- In 2006, we had organised an art camp in Barog, Himachal Pradesh with 15 artists from across the country. The event was covered by Dainik Jagran, a daily newspaper.
- In 2007, the same event was organised with 15 new artists from across the country in Barog, Himachal Pradesh. This event was widely acclaimed by the Art Circle of India.
- Organised an art exhibition- ‘Awakening the Spirit’ in year 2008 at the Lalit Kala Akademi’s Gallery. The exhibition showcased work accomplished during the camps held in 2006 and 2007. The exhibition earned acclamations for its vivid, exuberant and beautiful works of art.
- In 2011, we organised an art camp for students of Delhi College of Art. The camp was organised in Barog, Himachal Pradesh. The main motive of this camp was to promote young talent in the country and to provide good exposure to students towards Indian, Modern and Contemporary Art. The works/paintings made during the camp were exhibited at Triveni Art Gallery, which were appreciated by people.
CSR Towards Environment
- Macawber Beekay strongly believes that a healthy environment is essential for a healthy living. We therefore take necessary measures to reduce the impact of our industrial activities on environment. We keep a regular check on the emissions from our factory to reduce the harmful effect to environment. We run several employee awareness programs to keep the environment clean and healthy.
- We also keep a regular check on reducing water pollution by checking water samples from time to time. We also keep a check on our consumption of water. We have installed meters that curb wasting or over using of water in our premises. All the factories & offices of the Group have rain water harvesting system installed to recharge the ground water.
- We also maintain local emission of dust, odour and sound to keep the environment healthy.
- Macawber Beekay strongly believes in ‘Green Environment, Clean Environment’, and so we have maintained a green patch in office premises for this purpose. We also regularly monitor the CO2 emissions and control them from time to time. Energy saving is also an important agenda on Group’s CSR list. We use solar energy water heaters and also try to use renewable source of energy in maximum work that we do.
Other CSR campaigns include
- The company and employees donated their one day salary to Army Welfare Fund, New Delhi in July 1999, as a contribution for the welfare of the families of our valiant soldiers who lost their lives during the Kargil War.
- Financial support to Sri Rajarajeshwari Charitable Hospital Trust, Bangalore. The trust treats poor and needy either free or at a very nominal cost.
- Donation to the ISKCON Food Relief Foundation which is working to liberate the underprivileged children from scourge of hunger and malnutrition.
- A part of Jaiprakash Seva Sansthan, Noida through active donations. This Sansthan is a non profit organisation which works for socio-economic development and to reduce pain & distress in the society.
- Funds Rotary Club of Delhi, South East for daily mid day meal and health check up of students at Ashrey, Hari Nagar, Badarpur, New Delhi.
- Donated money to Rotary Foundation (India) which works for various social welfare activities.
- Yearly donations to HCRA (Handicapped Children’s Rehabilitation Association).
- Donated money to the Chief Minster’s Relief Fund, to help the victims of Uttarakhand, who had undergone unprecedented sufferings during the flash floods in 2013. The employees of the company also donated one day’s salary to support the same cause.
Corporate Social Responsibility Policy